Wednesday 7 December 2011

Contents Page Production

Over a series of lessons I produced my contents page in Quark. Here are screengrabs of my work to show the stages in which it took to create my contents page:


Stage 1
The first thing I did was to add the title of my magazine, and the word 'CONTENTS'. I made this in Photoshop and then imported it as one image. Once that was in position, I added the magazines strapline, date and issue number.


Stage 2
I then added my main image of Becky Byrne. I have made it reasonably big because this is a typical code and convention of music magazines, also the main article is about her, so her picture needs to be bigger than the rest in order for it to stand out.


Stage 3
I then added my 'ON THE COVER' section of text. I produced the red tab type thing in Photoshop, and then imported it as an image. I made the page numbers red, and the top line of text bold to make it stand out.


Stage 4
Next, I added my 'FEATURES' section of text. Again, I produced the red tab type thing in Photoshop, and imported it as an image. I then made the page numbers red, and the top line of text bold to make it stand out.


Stage 5
I then added the 'REGULARS' section of text.


Stage 6
I then added the box of text on top of the picture of Becky Byrne. This contains the page number and the article title.


Stage 7
I then added my final image of Refrain. I changed the size of the picture and positioned it in the correct place.

Stage 8
The final thing for me to do was to add the box of text on top of the image. Again, this contains the page number and the article title.



I actually had to change my contents page to make it look a little more proffessional and exciting to look at. The changes that I made were:
  • Made the title and word Contents bigger
  • Add the slogan
  • Add the issue date
  • Make the image of Becky Byrne smaller (to allow room for other images)
  • Added 3 other images to the page, including boys (to show my magazine is suitable for both genders)
  • Change some of the features
  • Add new features



No comments:

Post a Comment