Sunday 11 December 2011

Double Page Spread Production

Over a series of lessons, I produced my double page spread article on Quark. I have taken screengrabs to show each stage of making it:


Stage 1
Firstly, I added the title of the article which is 'REFRAIN YOURSELVES'. I then added the main picture of the band, and added a red frame. Once the picture was in the correct position, I placed on top, a quote from one of the band members.  I also added page numbers and the magazines name to the bottom right hand corner of each page. I did this because it is a typical code and convention of music magazines.


Stage 2
Next, I added the standfirst, which is situated underneath the article title. Once that was in position, I placed my second image in place, and added a red frame.


Stage 3
Next, I added the second image. This time of a different band member. Once in position, I added a red frame. I also tilted this picture a little to add variety to the page, and make it look a little more quirky and different.


Stage 4
I then added another picture. Again this picture was tilted, and I added a red frame. I used this picture because is shows Peter in the middle of singing which I think looks good, but also it is bigger than the other two. I wanted to use different sized pictures because I think it would look a little boring if all of the pictures are the same size, and all positioned the same.


Stage 5
I then added my final image to the article. This one is of the final band member. I used this picture because it shows him to be enjoying what he is doing. Again, I added a red border.


Stage 6
Once all of my images were in place, I could now import my text. I did this by drawing my text boxes, right click, then import. I also added a dropcap at the beginning of the article because this is a typical code and convention of music magazines. I changed the font to Calibri because I think it is a very simple font which makes it clearer and easier to read. Once the text was in place, I could change things. For example, I put the questions in capital letters, bold and red font. This is to make them stand out. Also, they are whole point to the article/interview.


Stage 7
The final thing to add to my double page spread was the drop quote from one of the band members. I chose this quote because I think it symbolises what the band is about: As much as they appreciate and like the money they receive, they enjoy playing, and love the atmosphere of the gigs they do.





 
I decided to edit my double page spread and change a few things in order for it to look more professional. The changes that I made were:
  • Remove 2 questions as they were not suitable/relevant to the indie-rock genre
  • Remove a drop quote as again that was not suitable/relevant
  • Have the text on one page, and pictures on the other
  • Added 2 new pictures in order to fill the whole of the page with pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment